Keyboard Geniuses

Sakura Wars

Ready, Set List, Go

Highlights from the week’s comment threads.

By Matt Kodner • April 5, 2013

Keyboard Geniuses is our weekly glance at a few intriguing, witty, or otherwise notable posts from the Gameological discussion threads. Comments have been excerpted and edited here for grammar, length, and/or clarity. You can follow the links to see the full threads.

Harlem, I Love You

Anthony John Agnello dove into a deeply bizarre rendition of Harlem as seen in Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love for an On The Level column. Mercenary Unit Number 4 responded to Anthony’s assertion that game isn’t racist, but rather misguided:

I do think this game brings up some interesting points about how much leeway we should give to one culture trying to tell a story about another culture. Western society has a strong and icky tradition of turning faraway lands and foreign people into fodder for exotic and imaginary conclusions. It’s a phenomenon we now call “orientalism.” At its base is the idea that it is okay to treat real-life people groups as if they were fictional entities. It’s the line of thinking that put fictionalized Indians in Peter Pan alongside fictionalized pirates, mermaids, and fairies. Its also the line of thinking that put a Native American-esque Noah Hathaway in The Neverending Story alongside luckdragons and racing snails. And it’s the line of thinking that caused Michelle Williams to include Native Americans in a photographic list of “eight different imaginary characters.”

My point here is not just to say, “We are bad, look what they do to other people!” It’s actually rather to ask: How do we respond to misrepresentations of us that do not particularly sting? Do we let it roll off our back? The only concern in that is that it continues to teach authors and developers that it’s okay to make things up rather than do the extra work of both research and introspection. (Do I really “get” this culture enough to be justly writing about them?) And the problem is that while the final product is, for now, complimentary and sympathetic, that same impulse of imagination over knowledge can lead to some horrible, hurtful presentations if the creative individuals turn their hand toward groups they feel antagonistic toward.

Ecco: The Dolphinal Chapter
Big Blue

Newshounds rejoice! We recently launched a new feature called The Bulletin where Sam Barsanti provides a quick overview into the latest gaming happenings. One story in this week’s column concerned a Kickstarter campaign with the aim of following up the classic sea mammal puzzle adventure Ecco The Dolphin. RTW took a moment to look back at what made Ecco and games of its ilk so nuts:

I love games that take place in nature because they always always ALWAYS, at some point, turn fucking insane. All the Ecco games, E.V.O.: The Search For Eden, Tail Of The Sun for the PlayStation, Seventh Cross Evolution for the Dreamcast…the list goes on. Ecco starts off with your pod getting sucked up into the sky, but it doesn’t really start snowballing until you reach Atlantis. E.V.O. starts off as a fairly down-to-earth dog-eat-dog prehistory sim until you start getting into the mystery of the crystals and fighting bird-man soldiers in the Ice Age. And so on.

Ecco’s realism was much cooler in theory than in practice. You do eventually get infinite air [to breathe], but only like two or three levels from the end of the game. The real problem with the game is the lack of checkpoints, which is acutely felt in many of the late stages, especially the boss fight against the Asterite and the final pair of levels in the Vortex mothership. It gets tiresome doing the same five or six steps of “go through this, push this here, hit this glyph” before getting to the boss with inevitably only one or two bars of energy left—and then starting over from scratch EVERY TIME.

Luckily, we live in the Age Of The Internet, so you can now let the insanity of Ecco The Dolphin’s plot wash over you without any of the masochistic torture of actually playing it! Block off a 90-minute chunk of your day and watch with mouth agape.

Daedalic By Day
Matthias Manglesdorf and Kevin Mentz

John Teti started the week by interviewing two creative forces at the German adventure game studio Daedalic. The lead designer Kevin Mentz brought up a fantasy he’d once entertained to mess with his game’s players: Create a bogus walkthrough guide and post it on the internet. Mattman Begins remembered Infocom’s unique approach to strategy guides:

I loved it when Infocom would take that tack with an occasional question in their InvisiClues™ hint books. For those unfamiliar, these were hint books that gradually stepped through clues to a puzzle by concealing them in invisible ink. You used a secret decoder pen—probably with lemon juice in it—to reveal only the hints you needed, one line at a time, until you gave up and scratched off the last line, which gave you the full solution to the puzzle.

The designers sometimes had a bit of fun with cheaters trying to use the InvisiClues™ guide as a walkthrough. Deadline, I think, had a whole list of clues revolving around the corpse’s alleged brother. “How can I find out if Clement did it?” it asked, and then a series of ludicrous tips, scratched off with a pen line by line, like:

• “Did you look in the garden shed for the ocelot?”
  • “What about the telephone in the garden shed?”
  • “Did you try balancing the telephone on your head?”
  • “Are you aware that there is no garden shed in this game?”
  • “Are you aware that there is no Clement?”
  • “Are you aware that you’re a complete moron?”

InvisiClues Snark™: the pwning of the pre-pwning era.

Gameological Turns One!

This week marked the one year anniversary of Gameological! Folks, we’ve only got one more year until we make it to the terrible twos, so enjoy it while you can. In one digression in the comments, Dr. FlimFlam questioned the validity of the label “gamer” (a word we tend to avoid here on the site—Sawbuck Gamer is grandfathered in):

I remember about five years ago realizing how perverted and dumb the meaning of the word “gamer” had become. I am not a GAMER any more than I am a READER or WATCHER or LISTENER. So I like to talk with others who like games but don’t try to define themselves by such a narrow definition.

O, Say Can You Sequel?
Frog Fractions title screen

Drew Toal discussed the difficulties of creating a sequel to a game known for its unexpected twists, and chatted with Jim Crawford, creator of the edu-tainment sendup Frog Fractions. Drew dismissed the game’s currency—the “zorkmid”—as mere nonsense, but Feisto provided the backstory:

Hey! A zorkmid is not just “some thing!” It’s the currency of the Great Underground Empire Of Zork! I would have been perfectly happy with just that one reference to Infocom, but then the game throws in an entire Infocom throwback sequence, and that just made me love the game even more.

Rock (B)and Roll
Rock Band 3

As you may have heard, Rock Band recently released its final downloadable track. To celebrate the fantastic game we teamed up with a few of our A.V. Club brethren and sistren to create an “ultimate” set list for your perusal. Mohamad Taufiq Morshidi made a simple request, although it’s doomed to be left unfulfilled:

You know what i want? A Rock Band Krautrock Edition. Imagine playing Neu!’s “Hallogallo” for eight minutes straight on a Rock Band drum kit along with the ability to connect any USB MIDI keyboard/controller to play a Tangerine Dream song. That would be amazing. Fuck The Beatles. Give me a Krautrock Edition of Rock Band!

And charmingly, Merve dropped the ball during “Say It Ain’t So,” a classic Weezer song:

I remember having to sing that one at a Rock Band party one of my friends threw. I have a pretty low voice, so I have trouble hitting the high notes in the bridge. Just as a huge group of people walked in the door, I belted out, “Like father, stepfather, the son is drowning in the FLUUHHH-croak-HHH-croak-HHHHHDDDD” like a pubescent teenage goat. Several years later, it’s still one of my most embarrassing moments.

Gameological Gallery
Steve Gadlin

Last Friday, we ran Steve Heisler’s interview with Steve Gadlin, a man moderately famous for his online business of selling cat drawings to strangers. Naked Man Holding A Fudgesicle attempted to one-up Gadlin at his own game:

Look at this guy, drawing his own cats. It’s much easier to steal someone else’s cat pictures, open them up in Paint then voila! The unfunny adventures of Teti & Soupy is born.

Teti Soupy

Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy! Soupy The Comment Cat is receptive to readers who beg. And this next comment fell through the cracks, but a few Keyboard Geniuses back, Gameological contributor Ryan Smith outed fellow contributor Drew Toal for his Xbox Live incompetence:

Someone needs to dramatize the hilarity of Drew Toal playing Gears Of War online with me this week. Quotes included “This is the first time I’ve ever been in a party” and “Oh, I don’t have a microphone.” It was sort of like trying to play Xbox with a sort of cool dad. I say that with the utmost affection. Also, we both struggled to protect the “E-Hole” in Gears—which is a real thing.

Spacemonkey Mafia responded to the call:

Old Drew

Well, that’s it folks! Thanks for reading and commenting, and we’ll see you next week.

61 Responses to “Ready, Set List, Go”

1. DrFlimFlam says:

The irony is that while I am not a gamer, for about two weeks this year I’m definitely a Booker. DeWitt. Not yet finished.

2. PaganPoet says:

I cannot stop laughing at Fudgesicle’s Soupy comic.

• DrFlimFlam says:

Super in-jokes make me feel like I’m a part of something.

-He said, joking. Mostly.

• DiscardedPostit says:

I read it in Teti’s voice… didn’t realize that until it happened.

• Naked Man Holding A Fudgesicle says:

I’m surprised that @Spacemonkey_Mafia:disqus ‘s far superior version wasn’t mentioned.

You have seen Garfield Minus Garfield, right?  I don’t want to perpetuate the illusion that I’m a conceptual genius.   But either way, it wouldn’t have existed without your rad contribution, so all due props are yours.

• Naked Man Holding A Fudgesicle says:

Oh yeah, I’ve enjoyed that webcomic for a while now, that’s why I liked your version better.

I’m amazed that no one had made that ginger cat with owner called Jo(h)n connection before.

No, we all knew, but it’s extremely meta to parody the parody of the thing’s that was originally parodied.

@HobbesMkii:disqus   I figured, but I just wanted to be sure.  I strive to be a Gallant, not a Goofus.

• George_Liquor says:

Ever seen Realfield? It keeps a mute orange tabby in the strip as a target for John’s mania.

• Naked Man Holding A Fudgesicle says:

@George_Liquor:disqus – wish I had found the original comic for the top strip here, he’s got a Teti-like outfit that would have sweetened the whole deal.

3. PugsMalone says:

I’m disappointed that there was no article about LucasArts shutting down (yes, I know there was one on the AV Club). My opinion? I think I can do without that particular piece of junk.

Someone did bring it up in the comments, and my sentiment was pretty close to yours.

LucasArts killed LucasArts over a decade ago. Disney just finally buried the corpse. And, honestly, this might actually increase the chance of key LucasArts franchises (including Star Wars) having justice done to them by being licensed to third parties. (I’m one of those loons who still have pipe dreams of Ron Gilbert getting to do the ‘real’ Monkey Island 3…)

• Naked Man Holding A Fudgesicle says:

Yeah, with more licensing to third parties I may finally get that Farmville: Moisture Farmer spin off that I’ve been dreaming about. Missions to Tosche station, fighting off sand people, bartering for worker droids from Jawas, blue milk pasteurization, getting burned alive by Imperial troops. What’s not to like?

Also, a Pod Racer sequel developed by Criterion would be a thing of beauty.

4. caspiancomic says:

So! Last night I settled in for a completely ordinary update to the ol’ blog, only to find my account had been suspended and both my sites had been gutted. I was up until 5 am trading emails with a tech support guy who was helpful, if curmudgeonly (I choose to believe he was one of those “gruff-but-a-heart-of-gold” types), and woke up early this morning to finish the job. Long story short, after about 12 hours work, I’m basically right back where I started! Glorious day!

All I wanted to do was update Game Theory. Sometimes I don’t know about technology, you guys. Anyway, that’s pretty much all I have to say on the topic of my fantasy sequel to TWEWY. This was supposed to be a tiny little one-article diversion, but it kind of spiraled into a multiple month long design document instead. I’ve got to learn to reel some of these ideas in. Anyway, my goal for this year is to publish 12 articles, and right now we’re a quarter of the way through the year and I’ve posted two. Hopefully that means a higher density of articles in the future, in case anybody somehow became emotionally invested in this thing.

For now though I think I’m going to have a cup of tea and collapse. Maybe I’ll trade in blogging for something lower stress. I’ve always fancied being a gardener…

• PaganPoet says:

Waiting for your Persona article, bro. *files nails*

btw, I got an error message when I clicked that link. Something about phishing. I know I’ve read your blog before, though, because I remember your super in-depth TWEWY clothing-zodiac thing.

• The_Helmaroc_King says:

I remember really liking your blog posts on The Void, maybe I’ll give your The World Ends With You posts a spin on my own time. I remember that game being a bit of an inventive mess, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

• Jackbert says:

Sorry your blog wuz being ‘tupid.

Interesting final TWEWY article. Thoughts follow.

Books and music? Great idea, adds more depth to the gameplay, corresponds with TWEWY themes, but I’m not sure about the implementation. What about doods like me without friends, how can we listen to music? Maybe make up a new type of PP? One character-specific clothing item? Thumbs up. Thread synergy? Ehh, still a bit too spitball-y, not entirely sure how it’d work. Stickers? Fucking rad.

Persona article should happen. For Koromaru’s sake!

5. Chum Joely says:

OK, so I was too slow to get this posted on time to the WAYPTW thread, but: The first game that we’ll be playing and discussing together in the Game Revue Club (single-player edition) on the GS Steam group is… Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP! Most of us will be playing on PC, even though this was apparently first designed as a touchscreen game… so I bet that comes up as a topic of discussion.

Discussion thread is here. Details of the vote are here.

6. Spacemonkey Mafia says:

Weekend Prompt!

Wizards & Warriors was a charming but almost completely broken platformer for the NES.
       Whenever you were low on health, which was often due to the truly abysmal hit-detection, a low repetitious dirge would kick in, prompting you to find health.
       I loved that track and it firmly lodged in my brain.  I’d find myself humming it in class while simultaneously tapping out the beat on the back of the desk in front of me, much to the annoyance of whoever was seated there.
       Years later I was re-watching the delightful Light Years and heard the same track in the film.  My amazement was such as to permeate the pot-addled fog I was at the time comfortably enveloped in.

So, what is the first time you recall really, truly noticing a game’s music and becoming enamored of it?

• Chum Joely says:

This tune? Hardly sounds like a dirge. Kind of catchy to be sure, though I can’t imagine attempting to hum it?!

I’ve never played the game but multiple videos of that tune came up for “wizards and warriors low health”.

Yup, that’s the one!  Anything’s a dirge if you hear it right before you die.
           And humming it is easy.  It goes like this:

“Hmmnnn mmm mmmm.  Hmmmnnnn mmm mmmm.
           Hmmn nnnn hhhhhhm!  Hmmn nnnn hhhhhhm!”

Now you try it.

• PaganPoet says:

I would say it was probably Mushroom Forest from Little Nemo on the NES. It’s the first video game track I remember really liking as a kid.

I wouldn’t say I got really interested in vg music, though, until the SNES era. One of the first SNES tracks that really knocked me out was the boss battle music from Equinox.

I think we talked about this before, but Little Nemo -a far better game than it has any right to be.

Edit: And what happened to your cat-pirate avatar?

• PaganPoet says:

Just disqus not knowing whether it’s coming or going. Give it a week or so and it will finally realize that, yeah, I really did mean to change my avatar.

• Chum Joely says:

Oh, and to answer your question: probably “Tass Times In Tonetown” for Amiga. Don’t remember a lot about the game (though I recently watched part of that walkthrough and it looked more boring than I remembered), but yeah, that intro song seemed pretty awesome at the time.

Also, Marble Madness.

Is this that dirge? Because it sounds awfully peppy for what it’s signifying.

I’m not sure, but I THINK the first time game music really became salient for me was in the early internet days when I would hunt down MIDIs of game songs (mainly MegaMan MIDIs to use as background music for my website, because obnoxious website background music was how I rolled back then). Prior to that, I hadn’t really listened to game music divorced from the game itself, and I came to appreciate how complex and great some of that stuff was.

Most notable was the Elec Man theme, which in 8th or 9th grade my friend and I appended lyrics to, shouting “E-LEC’S EEEEEA-SY! E-LEC’S EEEEEA-SY!” to psych ourselves up through the level, and its punishing vanishing blocks.

That sounds like the chorus of “You got two legs, dontcha?” my friends and I would sing when trying to escape encounters in Final Fantasy 1.

• RTW says:

I always thought the Elec Man theme was notable because it steals the riff from Journey’s “Faithfully”.

• Super Mario Bros for the NES.

There’s a reason every person in the United States of America knows that theme.  It’s catchy, the game was good and it’s just a fun song to sing to yourself.  Especially the underground cave part.

• stakkalee says:

Doot doo doo, doo doot doodoo, doodoo doodoo doodoo doot doodoo doodoo!

• RTW says:

If I was playing a video game and my dad walked in the room, he would sing those first few bars every time no matter what I was playing. One time he walked in and I wasn’t even playing anything, I was just watching Law & Order.

• Chum Joely says:

Well, you could hardly expect him to reproduce the “Law & Order sound” without two 500-pound blocks of steel to bash together, could you?

• Boko_Fittleworth says:

Chrono Trigger. The music from the floating city is still echoing in my head fifteen years later.

• PaganPoet says:

I always liked the creepy music played in the Zeal Palace even more. Especially ’cause there’s a whole groovy B section to the piece that you’re likely to never even hear if you’re the type to rush through dialogue.

• aklab says:

That one is creepy. At first it sounds cold and mysterious… just a little undercurrent of menace that the B section really increases. It’s even better when you come back to fight the boss in the palace and it keeps playing this song rather than the usual boss music.

• aklab says:

Oh man. That’s one of my favorite tracks from one of my favorite soundtracks from one of my favorite games ever. I still remember the sense of awe and mystery when you first visit the floating city and the song fits it perfectly.

The jaunty little tune that plays when you first enter Hong Kong in Deus Ex. Y’all know the tune I’m talking about:

• caspiancomic says:

I know this is such a typically me answer, but I’d have to say Into a World of Illusions, the opening theme song from the original Suikoden. I had heard plenty of music that I had liked, even loved, before. I considered choosing either Green Hill Zone from Sonic 1 or Emerald Hill from Sonic 2, because I love those games and songs, but I don’t know if “enamored” is the right word for it. I heard the songs, and enjoyed them, but I wouldn’t say I really “noticed” them. When I fired up Suikoden for the first time and heard that music though, I could feel myself standing at the beginning of a path that lead to JRPG fandom lunacy.

• The_Misanthrope says:

The  first time I started up my C64 version of Neuromancer (appropriately enough, a pirated copy), this tune came up on the title screen:

Sure, nowadays it sounds really grainy and poor quality, but it just blew my mind as a kid. There were actual voices singing!

Latter-day, non-old-person answer: Fucking Katamari Damacy! The minute it starts up with those acapella “Na na na”s, I knew I was in for a wild ride.

• Destroy Him My Robots says:

That IS impressive. I had a small program somewhere that was just a flashing screen and the riff from Van Halen’s Jump and I thought that was the best.

• George_Liquor says:

That reminds me of Star Control 2, one of the first PC games to use digitized music instead of FM synthesis, which always sounded like crap coming out of a Sound Blaster card. The crazy thing is Star Control 2 didn’t need a sound card; it could play both music and sound effects straight from the PC speaker. Sure it sounded like tinny, distorted crap, but it was a damn site better than shrill beeps or dead silence.

• RTW says:

Mine would have to be Donkey Kong Country, because the game’s soundtrack came out on that DK Jamz CD and the songs had titles, which at the time (I was 10) blew my mind. Up to that point my brain had automatically segregated video game music and “real” music—I couldn’t go out and buy a cassette tape or CD of, say, the Super Mario World soundtrack, so I just thought it was something where if I wanted to hear the song, I’d pop in the cartridge and get to that level and maybe sit there for a while basking in it or something, I’unno. But seeing that the songs had titles that weren’t just the area in the game they corresponded to (“Stage 1”, “Final Boss”, etc.) gave them gravitas in my mind, because it made me realize that the composers weren’t just pumping out ditties in service of the game because it was their job or because they had to; they were serious musicians who took music seriously, and they were writing actual compositions that you could listen to and analyze and appreciate and say something like “I like that ripple effect” or “oh hey, I like how the time signature changes to 6/8 there”, etc., just like any other piece of music. I was always more partial to instrumentals even before video games became a major part of my life, but now video game music comprises the majority of what I listen to, even from games I’ve never played. You even get a huge swath of genres to boot, so you learn to appreciate more types of music.

• aklab says:

DKC was the first game I ever paused just to listen to the songs while I did other stuff. My sister and I would actually videotaped several different levels just to listen to the music all the time. DKC2 has a pretty great soundtrack too.

• His_Space_Holiness says:

The Incredible Machine: Contraptions, for me. All of the peppy little background music that would change with each puzzle to fit whatever mood they were going for. A lot of it still makes its residence in my noggin, and I’ll find myself humming it every now and then. Some of it was repurposed classical music, so that game was my first exposure to Pictures At An Exhibition and other cool pieces.

• GhaleonQ says:

Oh, wow.  That was Rare’s weird period after they made super-famous BBC Micro/Z.X. Spectrum games but before they figured out the Super Nintendo.  Too bad for you.

I lucked out.  I got Super Mario World and King’s Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (still 2 of my favorite games) as presents the same day, and I ended up playing King’s Quest 1st.

1.  Thank GOD that I missed Girl In A Tower.

2.  Overture is a lovely piece of music and a total transformation of what King’s Quest music sounded like.  Having played the rest soon after, it’s how I would have known special attention was paid. If I had done Super Mario World 1st, it would have been Athletic.

• I think “Mega Man 3” (specifically the Spark Man stage BGM) was the first video game music that I ever found myself humming when the NES was turned off.

“Final Fantasy IV” was the first game that made me say “I wish I had a soundtrack of this game.”

Cheesy, but for me it was the music in a game I didn’t even particularly enjoy. Still, the different versions of the “Hymn of the Fayth” in FFX really got under my skin and I tried to listen to them as long as the game allowed me usually.

It is pretty and haunting, so what else do you need?

7. I’m all spent from freaking out over Bioshock Infinite like a 14 year old freaks out over Bieber.

So here’s a video of Siskel & Ebert playing Tecmo Bowl together.

8. stakkalee says:

I’m not sure, but I think Spring has finally sprung!  Plants are blooming, birds are chirping, and squirrels are having noisy sex in the trees.  Our most-commented article this week was the WAYPTW thread with 174 comments.  The Top 5 Most-Liked comments are:
    1) @Fluka:disqus gets 28 likes for this boozy praise!
    2) @Mercenary_Security_Number_4:disqus gets 22 likes for telling us about some mishegoss.
    3) With 19 likes Kyle O’Reilly (@twitter-88752419:disqus) lets us know how he really feels.
    4) With 17 likes, @Brett_B:disqus does a little bragging.
    5) And tied for fifth with 13 likes apiece, @Cloks:disqus speaks lovingly of buttocks while @duwease:disqus worries about a poison gas attack.
    We’re only welcoming one new member to the Plaid Jacket Society today – everyone give a big hand to Mohamad Taufig Morshidi (@facebook-698650979:disqus) and his Teutophilia!  Plus our returning members: With their second selection @DrFlimFlam:disqus and @NakedManHoldingAFudgesicle:disqus are each getting their first stud!  @RTW:disqus gets a second stud, @MattmanBegins:disqus and @feisto:disqus are at three studs apiece, @Mercenary_Security_Number_4:disqus gets a fifth stud, @Merve2:disqus unlocks the “Prime Cut” achievement with his 11th stud, and with his 19th stud @Spacemonkey_Mafia:disqus moves into a tie for third with @caspiancomic:disqus!  Awesome stuff everybody!
    In honor of the first week of GS Year 2 and the fact that this is the 50th Keyboard Geniuses, I’ve finally gotten off my lazy ass and put together the comment assists!  Since the assists are all about facilitating conversation, I’ve decided to classify assists into 4 levels: The Lavalier level, for people with at least 1 assist, the Wireless level for people with at least 5 assists, the Omnidirectional level, for people with at least 10 assists, and the Superscope level, for people with at least 20 assists!  So with that explanation, @duwease:disqus, @Haughty_Todd:disqus, @ItsTheShadsy:disqus and Ryan Smith (@twitter-71287667:disqus) each get their lavalier today, and @The_Misanthrope:disqus moves up to the Wireless!  @Merve2:disqus, @Spacemonkey_Mafia:disqus, @Effigy_Power:disqus and @George_Liquor:disqus have their Omnidirectionals, and The Canada Kid, @caspiancomic:disqus, is the only one holding a Superscope! That’s all for this week!  Enjoy your gaming, and remember to keep it scintillating!

• caspiancomic says:

I live to give!

Then give me so I can win! I haven’t decided yet what, but it’s going to be appreciated.

• The_Misanthrope says:

I have no idea what I just won but I am gratified to have won it!  Now, all I need is a bit of leveling-up music to really sink in my Pavlovian response.

• I feel like Studly Do-Right today.  Thank you, as before, for the recognition, @stakkalee:disqus !  Now will someone kindly point me in the direction of Clement?

• Ooh, also, I find the timing uncanny that both @feisto:disqus and I get recognized for Infocom memories in the same week…bumping us to the same level of Comment Cat/stakka fame, no less.

** Your coincidence score just went up by 3 studs. **

• feisto says:

Have you ever tried:

Wearing the studs?
        Showing the studs to Soupy?
        Asking Soupy about the studs?
        Kissing Soupy?

• duwease says:

Now it’s possible to get a stud, an assist, and a most-liked comment in the same week.  Who will be our first triple-threat?