PSA

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

We want your questions about Animal Crossing: New Leaf

By Matt Gerardi • June 5, 2013

Yesterday, Anthony John Agnello answered your questions about Remember Me. Next, John Teti will be talking with Matt Kodner, who just so happens to be reviewing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The same rules apply: Tell us what you’d like to ask Mr. Kodner about the game, and Teti will toss him our favorite questions in a short video chat.

And if this has whetted your appetite for inquisition, why not head over to our Gameological Questionnaire contest and tell us what questions you’d like us to ask game developers at E3. If one of your questions gets selected for the final Questionnaire, you’ll even receive an arguably fabulous prize.

28 Responses to “We want your questions about Animal Crossing: New Leaf

1. aklab says:

I haven’t played an Animal Crossing game since the GameCube days. I enjoyed that one quite a bit, but none of the subsequent installments looked different enough to interest me. Harvest Moon Syndrome, I guess.

…just realized I don’t have a question other than “how good is this game,” which I suppose will be answered in the review!

• SonjaMinotaur says:

What do you mean they’re not different? In the one for the Wii, you also get to collect MUSHROOMS!

• Marozeph says:

I have never played any Animal Crossing game, so i would like to know if this game is aimed at newcomers and old fans alike.

2. CrabNaga says:

I heard that Nintendo recently said Tom Nook was misunderstood. Based solely on your experience in New Leaf, do you feel as though Tom Nook himself turned over a new leaf and cast off his assumed persona of a mega-capitalist who turns the town’s residents into unwitting indentured servants?

3. WTF is aniaml crossing lol

4. duwease says:

With Facebook and mobile games feeding so heavily on the sort of genre of game that Animal Crossing is, what do they do to stand out from the sea of free or 99-cent offerings?

• Chalkdust says:

I’m pretty sure the most compelling answer to this is: you can play for as long as you want without having to micro-buy extra “energy”.

• SonjaMinotaur says:

I have not found a free or cheap game that satisfied my Animal Crossing addiction. So, um, *tries/fails to appear nonchalant* does anyone have any recommendations?

5. Girard says:

General opinion I’ve heard from fans of the series (playing imports or advance copies) is that this game is very good, and kind of a stand-out in the series. Do you think it “stands-out” enough that someone who up til now hasn’t found the series very compelling would enjoy it?

6. Chalkdust says:

Is visiting other players’ towns a compelling activity?  Have you visited any other folks’ towns yet, and if so, have you seen a diversity in how people have laid things out, or do they feel same-y with only superficial differences?

7. DrFlimFlam says:

I need lots of information about townies. How many do you get? Are Olivia and Tangy around? And also, if multiple users are on a single cart, how much better is it to be mayor? So I can rub it in.

8. MathleticDepartment says:

I’ve never played an Animal Crossing game, but from what I’ve heard there are compelling reasons to pick up and play every day. For this reason I’m considering making this my first digital 3DS purchase so I don’t have to deal with switching carts – what are your thoughts?

• DrFlimFlam says:

I know I’m not the people to ask, but I can tell you the game is doing very well as a digital title for this reason in Japan, and why the pack-in bundle makes so much sense. You buy it, it’s already on there, and you can still focus on whatever else you’re up to in the meantime. It’s the perfect franchise to pop in for 10-30 minutes a day depending on how far in you are and what your goals are.

• legobeatle says:

I wish I had known about the Animal Crossing 3DS Bundle before buying my 3DS 2 months ago! Animal Crossing is a game that I play daily so it would’ve worked great for me.

9. vinnybushes says:

As town mayor, what kind of taxes and sanctions can I levy on that thieving bastard Tom Nook? Does he have to come to me for small business loans? That would be delicious irony.

10. OrangeLazarus says:

Are the holidays based on real holidays again or are they made up as not to offend various groups of people? I really want to stay up on Halloween night trying to get virtual furniture rather than do something actually fun.

Any chance there are NES games?

• DrFlimFlam says:

They have o incentive to release those for free anymore but they should make your downloaded games available within the game for a cute little worlds within worlds experience.

• Oh my glob, if all my eShop titles were on a TV in my Animal Crossing house and Animal Crossing just became the hub world for the rest of my 3DS, I’m not sure I’d ever swap the cartridge out ever again. I’d be happy if I could hang the boxart for the games on my wall like you now can with the album art for KK’s songs.

11. legobeatle says:

What was the inspiration for the Dream Suite feature? Is there a way of knowing who visits your town when they are dreaming? 2 more days and I will be playing this game!

• DrFlimFlam says:

GameStop called me today for my first system pre order ever. Very excited for my new pop tart.