PSA

The Last Of Us

Here’s the lineup for next week’s edition of The Digest

By Matt Gerardi • July 19, 2013

We’re almost ready to unleash the next edition of The Digest, our monthly chat-’n’-chew talk show. Here’s the lineup, so you can play along.

First off, Drew Toal and John Teti will tear into The Last Of Us (pictured above), the very serious zombie apocalypse game from Naughty Dog, developers of the Uncharted series.

Next, Derrick Sanskrit stops by to talk Game And Wario, Nintendo’s latest collection of irreverent mini-games and showcase for its futuristic Wii U technology.

Finally, I will be stopping by to chat about Rogue Legacy, the randomized, genealogical riff on classic jumpy-slashy adventures like Castlevania. See you next week!

20 Responses to “Here’s the lineup for next week’s edition of The Digest”

1. MathleticDepartment says:

What are the digestibles so I can snack along?

2. Jackbert says:

Has Derrick been on the Digest before? I think he’s a newbie! If so, congrats Derrick, you’ve made it big!

• John Teti says:

Derrick and Matt are both making their first appearances!

• Jackbert says:

Congrats to Matt too! I rarely look at the bylines, so I didn’t realize “I” referred to him.

• The_Helmaroc_King says:

I rarely check the bylines before reading the articles either, so I thought Teti was about to be a guest on his own show.

Neat trick, that.

Must you test my meager artistic virtues every time, John? Can’t you just have 3 people in Smiley masks do it?

Will there be a epilepsy warning? I assume that in real life Derrick is a flickering hot-pink silhouette wearing earbuds.

• If there’s anything I learned going into this Digest, it’s that I’d better maintain my facial hair situation after my first appearance.

3. DrFlimFlam says:

I see there’s a stealth suggestion for the replacement of the term “Metroidvania”  we were discussing last week. It’s “jumpy-slashy.”

It’s pretty accurate, but fails to cover getting lost all the time.

• Chum Joely says:

OK, so the genre should be referred to as “JSL” games, aka jumpy-slashy-losey.