World Wide Web Hyperlink

The Binding Of Isaac Rebirth

New trailer depicts The Binding Of Isaac in horrific rubber puppets

By Matt Kodner • August 22, 2013

Yesterday, we brought you three trailers for promising games showed off by Sony at the Gamescom expo. However, there was another teaser for a game in Sony’s lineup that is in its own class. The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth, a new edition of the beloved toddler dungeon crawl game for PlayStation 4, Vita, and PC, officially has one of the craziest trailers of our time. Our first look at Rebirth eschews showing off its new Super Nintendo-styled look or any new features really in favor of puppets—terrifying rubber puppets.

Isaac enthusiasts will recognize many familiar faces rendered in appropriately grotesque live-action form, while non-Isaac players will see nothing but a horrific, moist puppet shooting water from its eyeless eyeholes. This trailer ranks right up there with cinema’s premiere nightmare-baby-puppet, that thing from Eraserhead.

You can watch the trailer below, but if it leaves you wanting more actual information about the game, Joystiq reports that Rebirth will be out in early 2014 and have same-screen multiplayer.

15 Responses to “New trailer depicts The Binding Of Isaac in horrific rubber puppets”

1. Jackbert says:

I am very disappointed in the un-creepiness of that trailer. Also, I heard it was coming to PS3 when it was first announced, stinks that’s not happening anymore.

2. lokimotive says:

I’m really looking forward to the Isaac re-release-imagining whatever. I enjoy the game now, but I find the controls incredibly awkward. It is a system designed for a dual analog joystick designed in something that won’t support those capabilities. And I know you can use Joy2Key, but that never worked well for me.

3. Effigy_Power says:

Now I feel like I want some donuts filled with jelly. That’s all I am getting from this.

• SamPlays says:

*Cues up Voight-Kampff*

You’re in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a donut…

4. SamPlays says:

Anything stop-motion and vaguely creepy or sinister instantly reminds me of the music videos Tool did back in the 90s. The trailer would be super awesome (and creepier) if you hit mute and played “Sober” or “Prison Sex”.

5. ferrarimanf355 says:

…what the hell did I just watch?

6. boardgameguy says:

That was pretty disturbing. Still really want to play the original though.

7. neodocT says:

Love BoI and loved the trailer. Anyone know if there are any gameplay videos for this thing, yet?