PSA

The Gameological button

Gameological is taking it easy this week

By John Teti • August 12, 2013

Hey, Gameological readers, it’s John Teti, the editor of this here webpage site. I’m out on vacation this week—my first since the site launch last spring, which is crazy—so Gameological will be publishing on a reduced schedule. Our assistant editor, Matt Gerardi, will be holding down the fort, so aside from fewer posts going up, it should be business as usual. Have fun!

67 Responses to “Gameological is taking it easy this week”

1. HobbesMkii says:

But if Teti is away? Who’s steering the ship? OH MY GOD! THE INMATES HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM.

*breaks emergency glass, seized fire axe, proceeds to fire axe the fire alarm*

In reality, rats: I have today off as part of Rhode Island’s decades long observance of the day(s) America obliterated hundreds of thousands of Japanese people in the blink of an eye. We call it “Victory over Japan Day.” Hoping to make mucho scintillating comments today, but then it turned out to be a Pikmin review (never played any–it was a good review AJA). I guess I could play the hell out of the sawbuck gamer…

Man, it makes me wonder if all the trouble of razing two civilian urban centers to hellish craters of irradiated glass was worth it if seventy years later you can’t leisurely conversate on the website of your choice.
         At least go outside today and grill a hot dog or I’m going to seriously question our actions in that war.

• TheMostPopularCommenter says:

I’m am in charge now.

2. CNightwing says:

PARTY TIME!

*breaks out the wine coolers and dirty mad libs*

While I agree that video game narrative is making great strides toward boobies, I think it’s understood the medium still has significant butts to jump before it’s on equal footing with other media.
           When farting games at home, my sense of immersion is frequently compromised by a persistent question underlying the meta-narrative.  The boogers of the game, if you will.
           Questions of the developers motives,
        vis-à-vis gender, race and nipples are too persistent for me to just dismiss them and poop the game I’m playing.

I think you’ve had a few too many wine coolers, bro.

• SamPlays says:

You haven’t had nearly enough wine coolers, bro.

• His_Space_Holiness says:

But enough about Dragon’s Crown!

You’ve had the precisely right amount of wine coolers, bro.

• SamPlays says:

@Spacemonkey_Mafia:disqus will have reached his wine cooler zenith when his avatar has two eyepatches and half a moustache.

• fieldafar says:

We’re all out of wine coolers, bro.

• MathleticDepartment says:

…the Aristocrats!

Awww…mine turned out terrible:

While I agree that video game narrative is making great strides toward shoulders, I think it’s understood the medium still has significant feet to jump before it’s on equal footing with other media.
             When clapping games at home, my sense of immersion is frequently compromised by persistent questions underlying the meta-narrative.  The semen of the game, if you will.
             Questions of the developers motives,
          vis-à-vis gender, race and foreskin are too persistent for me to just dismiss them and jump the game I’m playing.

• SamPlays says:

@HobbesMkii:disqus Needs more “ball sack”.

@fieldafar:disqus: That’s because @Spacemonkey_Mafia:disqus drank all the wine coolers, bro.

• Citric says:

The last time I played dirty mad libs with some friends we got a line about a 50 meter foreskin. We decided that as we would never top that, we no longer needed to do Mad Libs.

I think I was in Grade 6?

• aklab says:

I’ll bring the transcriptograph!

It has a secondary function that you have to… well, I won’t spoil the surprsie.

3. missmoxie says:

HEY! Before you invite all your drinking buddies over to park their fannies on the couch for some non stop gaming remember – the neighbor lady will be watching all of you little scamps!

4. stakkalee says:

All I know is, let’s make Gerardi’s life hell.  I’m gonna invite a ton of trolls over!

5. PaganPoet says:

When the cat’s away, the mice will play!

*wheels in a keg*

6. Fluka says:

*Bursts through the door with suitcases!  Looks one character-creation-slider-tick less pale.*

Back from vacation!  Ready to talk about viddeeooogaaaaaames!

Hello?

Where did everybody go?

Hellooooooooooooooo?

7. Citric says:

Me too! Vacation high five! Well technically I’m working today and tomorow, but only technically.

8. George_Liquor says:

Have a great vacation, John! Is there a number we can reach you, preferably at 5 am? Repeatedly?

5 am is the start of John’s daily vacation ritual of eating pungent Szechuan seafood dishes out of dripping plastic containers on the 4 line during the crowded rush hours.

Not to mention the hot stone rub for exfoliation, so people don’t realize he’s not actually the person he claims to be.
        Gattaca Joke, yo.

9. His_Space_Holiness says:

OH NO! THE PTA IS DISBANDING!

*jumps out window*

10. Unexpected Dave says:

This AV Club interview with a “Price is Right” winner should be of interest to Gameologicians:

11. NakedSnake says:

Hey Gerardi, if Teti/Soupy are on break, does that mean that your pet or power animal or minion will be making the KG selections?

12. Samantha Nelson says:

Speaking of vacation who’s going to be at GenCon this weekend? I’ll be playing True Dungeon, The Rising, Pathfinder and Tremulus and playtesting a bunch of new games to write about them here.