Keyboard Geniuses

A slime appears! cap

Slang In Action

Highlights from the week’s comment threads.

By Matt Kodner • August 30, 2013

Keyboard Geniuses is our weekly glance at a few intriguing, witty, or otherwise notable posts from the Gameological discussion threads. Comments have been excerpted and edited here for grammar, length, and/or clarity. You can follow the links to see the full threads.

A Wife Of Solitude
Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron

Drew Toal wrote about giant robots beating on each other in an On The Level feature about Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron. Staggering Stew Bum astutely pondered the implications of Drew’s subject matter:

Wow, Drew. You go away to get married, then come back from your nuptials and write two pieces in a row about terrifying and powerful alien entities attempting to enslave or destroy a weaker male hero protagonist. But I’m sure your new bride is a super lady.

Elsewhere, Pagan Poet wondered about the logistics of making two-legged robots in real life. Because this is the internet, Naked Snake then linked us to a video of a oh my god this robot is terrifying:

DARPA has been spending your tax dollars on developing this metal monstrosity.

Ahh!!!!!

ROMXCOM
The Bureau

Drew Toal didn’t feel that The Bureau: XCOM Declassified lived up to its recent predecessor, XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The Bureau expands XCOM’s boilerplate alien invasion storyline to middling success, and Chum Joely got into why the game didn’t quite jive from one genre to the other:

As Drew says in his review, the problem is probably that there’s just not all that much content to dig into in the XCOM universe. This was the game of the month for the Gameological Steam Game Revue Club not too long ago, and nobody seemed to have too much to say about it—other than, “This is really fun in a kind of mathematical way, but not in a way that inspires excited discussion with others.”

I noticed at the XCOM website that they are encouraging people to post stories of their “most mind-blowing XCOM experiences.” I wonder if anyone is actually doing that.

SamPlays took a psychological approach to the invading-alien trope:

As far as pop culture goes, it’s odd that we tend to view aliens as hostile but when humans go into space, we do it to “explore.” I agree there is a high probability that other forms of life exist in the universe—Drake’s equation, etc. I guess part of it is fear of the unknown. There’s utility in preparing for the worst (but lets hope for the best). However, the professional psychologist side of me can’t help but think that the common representation of aliens in media is a reflection of humankind’s worst qualities. (Side bar: As a rule of thumb, we often project our worst qualities on people or groups we dislike. We are also more confident in our inferences of others when it is based on negatively perceived traits.) Given our track record with other species on Earth, including ourselves, it seems highly likely that humans would totally blast the shit out of aliens regardless if they come in peace or not.

But Merve presented one baadasssss counterpoint:

The only friendly alien that comes to mind (aside from in the Mass Effect series, obviously) is Elvis from Perfect Dark, who told bad guys to “kiss [his] alien ass!”

Nintendo’s Report Card: 2 Ds
Nintendo 2DS

If you’re sick of looking at Game Boy games in stupid 3D, then boy, does John Teti have some news for you! Nintendo just announced their new 2DS system, a streamlined version of their 3D handheld system that does away with the 3D. There was some debate at Gameological HQ about what the 2DS resembles. A Speak & Spell? A doorstop? We liked Kyle O’Reilly’s image:

When I first saw this, a sound not unlike the Screech of the Nazgul went off in my head. Finally, an affordable current Nintendo handheld…that looks like it was designed as a fan to keep Southern Belles from getting the Vapors on muggy July afternoons.

String Me Along

For a quick survey of this week’s newest releases, look no further than Out This Week. Somehow, Drew Toal’s writeup managed to miss the game-changing cat simulator Catalateral Damage. Thankfully, Fluka was on the cat-game beat:

Also, someone made this fantastically accurate cat simulator. You knock expensive shit off shelves. Story of my life, people.

Looks like Soupy T. Cat Accounting may have just found 2013’s Game Of The Year!

EAhhh
EA logo

Sam Barsanti brought us the news in this week’s Bulletin, including an item about EA. The company is often cited as a horrible company—it has twice been voted the Worst Company In America by Consumerist readers—but Matt Koester chimed in to remind us there are much worse companies out there:

The whole “EA is the Worst Company In America” garbage is so ridiculous. We live in a nation with corporations that have plunged the entire economy, used sweatshop warfare, and organized coups on poorer nations. And we hate on the guys who make you connect your computer to the internet to play a video game. Nerd entitlement!

Sam also mentioned an expansion for Blizzard’s Diablo III in which a fallen angel betrays the forces of good. PGoodso noticed a trend:

Can I just say how sick and tired I am of Blizzard’s obsession with corruption and betrayal as a plot device? Every single game or expansion they’ve done since StarCraft (sans maybe D2:Lord of Destruction) has to do with a former protagonist character falling to the dark side or falling from grace, generally because they are incongruously power-hungry or possessed against their former will. It’s like Blizzard thinks the only way they can continue a story is if a character they already know (or introduce at the beginning of that game) just up and goes crazy.

I’m about to go bad and just list all the times people corrupt or betray the protagonists in Blizzard games (MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ALL BLIZZARD GAMES AND EXPANSIONS FROM 1998 TO PRESENT). Ready?

StarCraft: Both Mengsk and Kerrigan up and go bad because power and zerging.

Diablo II: All three protagonists from Diablo up and go bad because power and demons.

StarCraft: Brood War: Kerrigan pretends to go good so she can up and go bad because power and zerging.

Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction: Baal was already bad, it’s his thing, but he did manage to corrupt Nihlathak. He was a jerk anyways, so, maybe let this one pass.

It goes on from there, and you can peruse PGoodso’s entire list.

Digital Jibber Jabber
Pro Wrestling

In this week’s edition of Q&A, we talked about video game catchphrases that have weaseled their way into our everyday vernacular. Cornell University chose a quote that serves as a snappy food review:

My absolute favorite stupid video game quote is from one of my favorite childhood games: Hero’s Quest. Whenever I go out to eat and the food is not up to my standards, I generally review it with “The rations are tasteless but filling.” The important thing is that I think it’s funny. Well, that’s what I tell myself when I’m crying alone in the dark.

And Raging Bear became enamored with a phrase from a game so obscure I was sure it was made up. But it’s not! Wow!

Once, a friend and I rented a truly incomprehensible PlayStation game called, and I am not making this game up, Rosco McQueen, Firefighter Extreme. As you would imagine, it involved putting out fires and collecting water to power your hose. Occasionally, when picking up water, Rosco would say, “Aaah, God’s precious water.” So there was no possible way we were going to not quote that every time we drank a glass of water for many years.

Aaah, Soupy’s precious comments. Thanks everybody for reading and commenting, and we’ll see you next week.

78 Responses to “Slang In Action”

1. Mr. Glitch says:

Hi everybody, Mr. Glitch here. Have you ever wondered just how the NES Zapper works? Shut up, yes you have. I dive deep into the storied history and mysterious inner workings of this plastic, 8-bit widow-maker in my upcoming post. Stay tuned to mrglitchsreviews.blogspot.com, as it will be up shortly.

• NakedSnake says:

Hey Glitch, do you ever have guest reviewers? I wrote a bunch of game reviews for NES and SNES games without any real plan for how I was going to use them. Now they’re just “collecting dust”, as forgotten as the games they feature.

• caspiancomic says:

If I were you I’d consider starting a little site all your own. It’s becoming all the rage to plug your own projects in Keyboard Geniuses.

• NakedSnake says:

Maybe someday, but I’m lazy. I’d rather hitch my wagon to somebody else’s horse. HEY ANYONE WANT A PILE OF RETRO GAME REVIEWS? Nice price, high quality, you’ll be happy.

• Mr. Glitch says:

Well sure! If you don’t mind your reviews ending up in my dusty little backwater of a blog, that is. My hit-o-meter looks like an EKG plugged into a mummy.

• caspiancomic says:

Mr Glitch’s Retro Reviews: The Original, and Still the Best. Looking forward to it.

(I think I might actually know the answer already, but I’m interested in seeing if I’ve got it right. Supposedly there are a lot of ways to game the device if you know how it works.)

• Mr. Glitch says:

Aww shucks!

It’s up now, if you want to read it.

• caspiancomic says:

Hey, I was actually more or less right! It’s a little more sophisticated than I thought it was, but I think for a sloppily programmed game the ol’ “point the zapper at a lightbulb, win game” trick might work, right?

2. NakedSnake says:

I would just like to take a moment to thank the GLOG crew for the game quotes Q&A yesterday. That may  have been the most fun I’ve ever had on the internet. Can I get a petition going to make that an annual feature?

Chum Joely
      633, rue Internet
      Montreal QC
      CANADA

• The_Helmaroc_King says:

Try here:

If you get enough signatures, you get the opportunity to engage President Michael Wilson in the most scholarly and intellectual of pursuits: one-on-one mech combat.

• Citric says:

I wanted so much for that to be real. Now I’ll just have to go sip some delicious darjeeling tea.

• caspiancomic says:

I’d be interested in learning other ways in which video games have influenced the real life behaviours of the Gamelos. For example, I tend to keep track of film and TV characters whose manner of dress I admire to inspire my own clothing choices (James McAvoy in X-Men First Class, Mark Ruffalo in The Brothers Bloom, etc. Newest member of the club: Daniel Radcliffe as Allen Ginsberg in Kill Your Darlings. I want that exact wardrobe.) But I’ve also been inspired by video games for a few of my clothing choices- for a couple of years I wore a yellow scarf as a sort of tribute to Proto Man, and my last pair of headphones was purple in honour of Neku’s pair from The World Ends With You. To this day I wear a Player Pin from that game on my bag.

• NakedSnake says:

I’m pretty sure that Bully got me started on wearing ‘beaters and in a broader sense actually going out to buy clothes after I had fun with the wardrobe in that game. And for a while (and possibly still today – I can no longer tell the difference), some of my mannerisms were clearly modeled on Guybrush Threepwood in MI2.

• Citric says:

As someone whose personal style is nearer the lumberjack side of the spectrum – I love me some flannel – I don’t think any game has influenced me there.

• Jackbert says:

Fashion-wise, uhhh…I probably subconsciously started wearing more button-down shirts when I saw how many fangirls Joshua from TWEWY has…

• John Teti says:

I’m glad to hear you say that, as it was my favorite Q&A ever. Credit to my wife, Anna, for coming up with the idea.

Also, anybody who can find me that hat gets a handful of Gameological pins. Man do I ever want that hat.

• Mr. Glitch says:

I shall make it my life’s work, just as soon as I figure out how this Street Pass thingy’s supposed to work.

(I really want one of them pins!)

When you hand them over, will the recipient see that none of them have their protective backs, so they’re all poking out of your palm and fingers at odd angles? So if they want one, they’ll have to pull it out while you just smile. Smile at them?

• Fyodor Douchetoevsky says:

Those Slime hats WERE being sold here, but it looks like they’ve been out of stock since 2009.

The Slime Hat flees!

Relatedly, I’ve discovered that video games have the best insults and/or verbal attacks, and I’m sure some of them will worm their way into my vocabulary. For example, there’s “Blow off, choffer” from the recent Dishonored DLC, which I intend to start using in place of its ruder equivalents. But my favourite has to be “fucking leather jacket dip shit cop cunt” from Max Payne 3. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many curse words nonsensically strung together in a single insult. (Compound insult?)

3. Chum Joely says:

Who’s back? Chum’s back! With yet another completely flavorless comment that somehow got selected anyway! Somehow very typical of my life…

• caspiancomic says:

Chum! How’s the new job going mate?

• Chum Joely says:

Pretty nicely so far. I’m almost fully trained now, so I have started to do some actual work that actually matters (at least to our clients). The work environment is a bit dry compared to Ubisoft, but I’m more interested in the actual work than I was there, so it should be good.

Also, as I mentioned somewhere else in this very thread (I think), they have a PS3 in the lounge, so I intend to start setting up shop there on Friday afternoons and becomingone of the “video game guys”. That’s my big plan for making friends outside of my core team…

4. stakkalee says:

Oof, this has been a long week.  Long and stupid.  Thank god it’s over, and thank god for these little oases of sanity like GS!  Our most-commented article this week was the Q&A on Quotable Quotes with 298 comments.  And here’s the Top 5 Most Liked (non-KG) Comments:
    1) @WeAreDevo:disqus gets 36 likes with this salient point on the state of the industry.
    2) We have a 3-way tie for second!  With 22 likes apiece @Fluka:disqus thinks yelling at cats accomplishes something, @Spacemonkey_Mafia:disqus shops like Andrew Ryan and @WeAreDevo:disqus is a mighty pirate!
    3) And another 3-way tie!  With 18 likes each @Spacemonkey_Mafia:disqus tries to hook kids on cigarettes, then he feels self-loathing.  Meanwhile, @The_Helmaroc_King:disqus follows a strange old man.
    Good stuff from everybody, especially the astrosimian!  And now on to the plaid jackets.  No new members today, just repeats.  @SamPlays:disqus and @MattKoester:disqus are each getting their first stud today for their second mentions!  @Cornell_University:disqus and @PGoodso:disqus each get a third stud, @ChumJoely:disqus gets a fourth, @NakedSnake:disqus gets his fifth, @Staggering_Stew_Bum:disqus and @KyleOReilly:disqus are each at seven, @Raging_Bear:disqus gets an eighth, @Fluka:disqus gets her eleventh stud and @Merve2:disqus unlocks the “Baby You Can Drive My Car!” achievement with his 16th stud!
    And now, Linkdump: Miscellaneous Edition!  Here is a neat little infographic about the Call of Duty series, then Mental Floss has a list of 7 Awesome Video Game Rooms, and Kotaku had an article on the new world record speedrun of Ocarina of Time.  That’s all for this week!  Enjoy your gaming, and remember to keep it scintillating!

• Fluka says:

Double KG/Liked cat comment achievement!  I’m contributing to the conversation, woohoo!

• Fluka says:

Also, “The total hours spent playing Call of Duty is longer than the entirety of human existence.”  Huh.

I would call this a filler episode. A lot of deserving people got studs and now the playing field is wide open for Girard and me to battle it out. I propose Mech vs Dragon or something.

• EmperorNortonI says:

Interesting question – is there a game where you could actually fight out a meaningful PvP Mech/Dragon battle?

I imagine there might be some JRPGs or something that feature it, but I don’t know. If not, then it’s a terrible lack.
          I actually think SR4 was supposed to have a dragon, but that had to be cut for time and/or space.

• Pgoodso says:

Man, I would have sworn that was too insane and long-winded to get too much notice, lol.

Praise to the patience of Comment Cat!

• Unexpected Dave says:

Aw, does Pagan Poet not get a stud ’cause they only mention his comment without quoting it? That’s bullshit.

• Raging Bear says:

Only 8? I really need to step up my scintillation game.

5. Spacemonkey Mafia says:

A belated, brief and solvent-permeated Weekend Prompt!

I played some Uncharted on the Vita during my micro-vacation last weekend. And while the game is gimmicky as hell, the internal gyro-doohickey allows for some very precise, very satisfying headshots.
    So tell me, is your favorite method of dispatching foes Melee, ranged attacks or do you prefer to sit on a hill for the best vantage of your troops doing your dirty work?

• Jackbert says:

Spraying some shotgun blasts (or the closest thing to a shotgun) into a group of enemies and going into the fray to melee whoever is left.

• stakkalee says:

I like a little variety, a melee attack here, ranged attack there, but always quietly, and when they’re not looking if at all possible.  The goal isn’t to win a fight, the goal is to avoid a fight.

I like to mix it up, gamewise. Skyrim is the perfect example for it.

I sneak into place, arrow nocked and ready.
      Aim up a bit, let fly.
      Drops one fool closest to me.
      The others become aware of the attack.
      Zip.
      Another arrow heavily injures a prime target, usually a mage.
      The enemy scouts around, spots me just as a third arrow splits the helmet of someone.
      They charge, I change to spells and hurl fiery projectiles at them until they are closer, then blast them with chain lightning.
      Finally the heavier armored characters come into range, already bruised, I equip axe and shield and hack my way through them, breaking them completely.
      Time for picking off the remaining enemies with freezing death from afar.
      Loot the bodies, pile them somewhere, incinerate.
      Back into the wilds, ready to drop another band of fools.

That’s how you do it. Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of all.

• DrFlimFlam says:

My Skyrim approach is similar. Arrows while hidden, once the jig is up I pop up with flame in my left hand and some demonic mace in my right, and things get ugly right up close.

• ProfFarnsworth says:

I am usually more of a “Nord Monster”.  I shout to get their attention and then try and mop up their blood off my new boots a few minutes after that.  If I seem to pick a fight I can’t manage…I drink some mead, shout louder and still wipe off something off my boots.

I have to admit, the kill move with the two-handed sword, where you impale your enemy upwards and lift them a foot of the ground… it’s my favorite and definitely deserving of Nord rage.

That’s what I like about you, Eff.  You take your murdering seriously.

Hey, you do it right or you don’t do it at all. And whereas in real life I am fairly hugely in favor of “not at all”, in Skyrim I get to be as meticulous and ruthless about it as I can muster.
          Which turns out is a lot. Which explains the close to 400 hours spent in the game. Mostly murdering.

• caspiancomic says:

I’m a bit of a melee fetishist. In FPSes I usually favour sneaky hand-in-the-bra knife kills, and whenever my butties and I would play Worms (which used to be all the time) I used melee attacks like the uppercut and (especially) the baseball bat whenever possible, for maximum humiliation. Even in turn based RPGs I tend to shun magic and gimmicky special attacks in favour of maximizing raw melee carnage. In my last trip through Final Fantasy VII I had almost no magic or summon materia equipped, instead focusing on gamebreaking combos like Sneak Attack=Deathblow, Deathblow=All, 4XCut, Mimic, etc. Mashed Safer Sephiroth up in one round using nothing but physical attacks. Felt good.

• Chalkdust says:

Unrelated, but it reminded me of something I recently learned.

I always knew “Safer Sephiroth” had to be a translation error, but I thought it was some weird garbling of “Seraph Sephiroth” due to the angel motif.Turns out!In Hebrew, “book” is “sefer” or “sepher” (so the literal translation from “Sefer Sephirot” is “Book of Numbers”, tying into the game’s kabbalah-related elements).  In Japanese, this is approximated as “Sēfa”, which can be interpreted as “safer” if a particular localization team doesn’t bother to ask for clarification.

Bizarro Sephiroth is another such story, as in Japanese he is “Ribāsu Sefirosu”.  This is meant to be “Rebirth”, but it was interpreted as “Reverse”, which they decided for whatever reason to swap out with “Bizarro”.

This guy are sick.

Localization: The 527th-Most Dangerous Game, higher than painting kitchen cabinets but still lower than mahjongg.

• caspiancomic says:

Oooh, I’d always suspected that “Safer Sephiroth” was some kind of cock-up, but I’d only ever seen the “Seraph Sephiroth” explanation before. Your angle makes a lot more sense. I had also never heard that Bizarro was a linguistic licence taken with the source material. Learn something new everyday!

Fact which is not particularly fun: apparently “Cait Sith” is supposed to be pronounced something like “Kawd Shee,” since the name takes its cues from Celtic mythology. Never in a million years am I going to actually pronounce it like that.

• GhaleonQ says:

@caspiancomic:disqus Speaking of translation errors, the only thing more difficult to learn than American English must be Final Fantasy English.  It’s typical English plus 14-letter mythological creatures from every conceivable culture plus words so nonsensical that pronouncing Chocobo “cho” or “coh” is 1 of your easier decisions plus everyday proper nouns like Djose.

It’s amazing that even the private school kids don’t say things like, “This guy are sick,” constantly.

• Sa3ad says:

Actually, ‘sefer sefirot’ would be ‘(a) book of countings’, not numbers. As someone who never played that game, do the Qabbalah references ever go beyond name-dropping?

• Chalkdust says:

@Sa3ad:disqus Whoops, I was going off dubious sources for the translation, so thanks for that.  FFVII doesn’t really do anything overt with the mysticism, except to say that “hey, these terms sound mysterious and cool, let’s use ’em”.

Most of the time it’s just a Japanese writer osmosing stuff to hint at a deeper meaning without doing the legwork (something many writers in many cultures are definitely guilty of, myself included).  However, there are a handful of JRPGs that do more elaborate things with mystical, mythological and religious concepts.  The Shin Megami Tensei series especially, and SMT: Digital Devil Saga sticks out in my mind as one of the most reliant on other material, as it is dense with concepts from Hindu mysticism.

• Sa3ad says:

I thought as much. Having played some of the other titles in the series, I distinctly recall Shiva the scantily clad ice goddess as well as the many-armed Gilgamesh as being examples of the same phenomenon.

I’m not usually much for mêlée, but one game where I used it extensively for no real reason at all was Alpha Protocol. My Michael Thorton punched his way through that game like a kamikaze warrior.

• ProfFarnsworth says:

Mine too.  I really liked the non-lethal takedowns.  I found the lethal ones to be a bit to violent for Michael Thorton’s tastes.

• Enkidum says:

I’m a camping sniping motherfucker. I’ll sit there for ten minutes carefully waiting for enemies to reveal themselves and picking them off one by one when it would take me 30 seconds to take out melee style.

My favourite ways to dispatch enemies are stealth takedowns from behind or sniping from afar. Weirdly enough, though, I’m not a huge fan of stealth games. I usually play games as violently and loudly as possible, so when I’m able to get a stealthy takedown or a long-range shot, it’s a special treat.

• Pgoodso says:

Since I picked Borderlands 2 back up recently, and got a bunch of the DLC that came out between now and then, I’ve discovered a complete LOVE of how Krieg the Psycho plays. I set myself on fire and then run at people screaming while waving a giant buzz-saw on a stick.What’s not to love? Not to mention he’s got the most balanced and fun skill trees of all the characters: there are literally NO skills I would not like to have or skills that feel like filler.

Most other times, I prefer utility or support role, especially for team-based games: some sort of class that helps protect, buff or control the field, with maybe an occasional “SHAZAM” power move available for dire situations. So, I like the ammo/health dropper classes in Battlefield, the Siren is my main in Borderlands, I played a shaman and a discipline priest in WoW, a paladin in Diablo 2, and a monk in Diablo 3.

So, I’m fine with both melee and ranged. It just strongly depends on which classes the rest of the team is playing. While I’m fine with sniping, I will NOT be a sniper if every other person on the team is (as often happens in Battlefield) and try to fill a support or mission-based role. It’s rather ridiculous when our team wins merely because me and my friends are the only ones actually attempting to do mission objectives and cover each other in base capture or protect-the-bomb style games instead of trying for headshots.

In single-player or fighting games, though, I tend to just go for huge burst builds or characters. That, and/or ridiculousness. Stuff that can make you go “SHAZAM!” when they go off. Rockets, nukes, rail guns, Ganondorf and Dedede in Smash, Batman’s chain holds in the Arkham games. Something that may be slow or difficult to aim/execute, but can sweep the field in spectacular or hilarious fashion. The entirety of Blood Dragon was like cocaine for me, because aside from the pistol, almost every gun and special melee move eventually fits that description.

• ProfFarnsworth says:

I used to be a sniper from a far.  I enjoyed watching the blood spatter to the muddy ground as I watched that Krogan take his last breath through the scope.  It was definitely satisfying enough to watch him from half a mile away and pick the right spot to take out both hearts at once.  Now though…I have a new saying: Nothing says “I love you” like a shotgun to the face!

Really though, I love being the Vanguard.  Especially the Mass Effect 3, Blow everything up vanguard.  I usually go fast and enjoy the chaos.

• EmperorNortonI says:

My favorite shooty games tend to be on the more realistic end of the spectrum, like Red Orchestra.  While even there you have a choice of styles (assault gives you a SMG and a lot of chances for in your face blasting), I tend to be a medium-range guy.  Move forward into a strategically significant position and fire.  My favorite weapon in that game was the LMG.  That’s the only game I know of where the machine gun actually allows for proper area control – if you’re set up and looking down a road, no enemies are getting across that road.  Also, due to the long distances and the lack of zooming, even when set up and stationary you’d be hard enough to hit that ordinary rifles weren’t likely to pick you off before you got them.

But in other games, I tend to find the strategy that the game least encourages or supports, and to stick with that.  I naturally gravitate towards doing things the hardest possible way, and when I find something that seems easy or effective, I shy away from it.

So,

Call of Juarez Gunslinger – Shotguns
      Dark Souls – Sorcery, and piercing weapons
      Rogue Legacy – Spells (though this paid off at the end!)
      Fallout 2 – Kung Fu, baby!

• Unexpected Dave says:

My absolute favourite way to kill enemies is by talking others into doing it for me (like sending the Ilwrath to kill the Thraddash in Star Control 2, or even convincing Saren to kill himself in Mass Effect.)

When I have to actually do my own dirty work, I like using projectile attacks from close range.

• DrFlimFlam says:

Wait, you can make Saren do what now? I’ve beaten that game three times and never got that!

• Bakken Hood says:

You need to max out one of your persuasion skills to convince him that there’s an honorable way out, whereupon you skip the first of the two boss fights.  You still have to fight husk-Saren, though.

I totally forgot that I also really enjoy “fragging” infantry with a shot from a gun that’s way overboard. I’ve gotten a lot of kills in Planetside 2 hitting infantry that’s close to me with a round from a tank cannon, especially engineers running towards my tank with a mine in their hand. Zero, Sub and Hobbes can attest to that. Nothing says “I don’t like you” like a headshot with a piece of artillery designed to blow up vehicles.

6. LeGrandSigh says:

Hey, @JohnTeti:disqus , have you been watching this season of Project Runway?  I have, and it’s surprisingly not awful. Not quite a return to form, but much better than the last few Lifetime seasons.

7. M North says:

Does Gone Home remind anybody else of Virtual Springfield? I can’t shake the feeling off.

8. nuahr says:

find out how to earn 50 dollars per day from your own home! swiftly enter the url surveymoneymaker dot net